Friday, January 22, 2010

One Month

I can't believe that it's been a month. Where have the days gone? Not a day has gone by where there isn't some sort of small reminder of you, and even if I get sad, I'd like to keep it that way. I try not to be super sad though, I like to think of all the great memories. I like to think of how lucky I am to have known you for 17 years of my life. And I definitely like to think of how I couldn't have asked for a better birthday buddy and Tia. It's been hard, but we've all been coping with this as a family and I know you'd love that. I'm so thankful that you've made us so family oriented because we would've never been able to get through this without each other. As much as I miss you, as much as we all miss you, I know you're okay. I'm glad that you're not suffering anymore because that just wasn't fair. Earlier, my mom and I were talking about the afterlife. She said that she believes that after you die, you go to someplace where all of your family members are. Before you left us a month ago, I'd never thought about what happens after. Since then, I've been thinking a lot. I really hope my mom is right. It makes sense doesn't it? Your family is there for you no matter what, so nothing should change up there in Heaven. I look forward to the day that we're all reunited up there. It'll be just like it used to. When I go visit you later on today, I'm going to think of all the memories. I'm going to think about how you never had to yell at me (yeaaaah :D), the past 17 birthdays that I was able to share with you, and the thing I'll think about most is all the wisdom you left behind. It's really a beautiful thing. As I think about each family member, I see what you gave them. There truly is a piece of you in all of us. I'm going to miss the little things most of all. I'm going to miss all of us going outside while you smoked your cigarette and you and my mom exchanging the "chisme." I loved listening to you guys talk. Once my mom asked why I never joined in on the conversations and I just said, "I like to listen." It's true. It was so fun to listen to you. I would love when you said something funny, because I would start to laugh and you'd look over to me and crack a big smile. It almost felt like we had some kind of inside joke going on. It must've been a Scorpio thing :) Ohh we miss you so much. It'll never be the same, but we're all learning to adjust and most importantly, we're taking on this transition period together. I love you and miss you so much, it's crazy. I'll be sure to take care of my mom because I know she misses you most of all. I'll always be here to talk to her, just like you were. I love you Tia Sylvia. I miss you. See you soon <33>
Love,
Alexis

Image and video hosting by TinyPic




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

4 comments:

  1. Aww Alex you made me cry. I love you! Isn't she just the best person ever?! And you have a lot of her in you too believe it or not. She might have not been a quiet person but she loved to listen to everyone. We'd be out somewhere like having lunch or something and she was constantly quiet just listening to other people's conversations. We'd get so mad at her for being nosy. Or we'd be talking to her and she would totally not be paying attention to our conversation because she was listening to someone else's. Haha!

    Isn't it great how much time we've spent together though? That's her. All her. Uniting us because that's what she always wanted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby, I miss her so much I can't even talk about it. I want to pick up the phone and call her or I keep waiting for her to call me like she always did when she didn't hear from me. She did love us all. I was laughing when I read what Michelle wrote about her being nosey! I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, you are indeed the princess I love and respect. You are so wise and so far ahead considering you are only 17 and I for one am extremely proud to be your tio and to have the fortune of seeing you grouw up and bloom into the wonderful young lady you are becoming. I know for a fact your tia did too and because of you guys shared birthdays she was always happy about that.

    Thank you for the wonderful tribute to your tia, she is probably smiling right now and thanking you herself.

    I love you baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good one alexis! :) & i love the song by the way.lol. i am glad that we are all so close, even with the distance but we are family &i know my nina wouldn't have it any other way.

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete